Adding gates to the map
Once you have your map set up in the platform, you might want to create a series of gates, or entrances, which will help you when directing your customers and scanning in their tickets. The Gates feature allows you to connect sections from your seat map to specific entrances, and the relevant gate/entrance will be shown on your customers' tickets.
Please note that this feature must be activated on your account, so if you would like access to it, contact us here.
Let's say you want everyone sitting in Section A to enter only through Gate 1, and everyone in Section B to only enter through Gate 2. You would create these two gates, and then cross off the relevant section. You would also assign certain gates to certain users on your account, meaning that your staff member standing at Gate 1 will only be able to scan in customers sitting in Section A. Anyone with seats in Section A will see "Gate 1" on their ticket.
Creating a new gate
Once we have activated this feature for you, you will see a new tab appear in the main menu called Gates. If you have not yet created any gates, this page will appear empty. Once you have created some gates, they will be displayed here.
1. Click on Create for the map you wish to create gates on.
2. Name the gate. Remember this is what will be displayed on your customers' tickets.
3. Add an image if you wish, although this is not necessary.
4. Check off the relevant seating sections that you want to connect to the gate. The sections you can choose from are based on how we have divided up your seat map when you ordered your map.
In the example in the image to the right:
You can also assign certain ticket types to gates by going to Ticket types, navigating to the ticket type, and manually activating the gates there. This can be useful if you are selling VIP tickets in multiple sections on the map, but you want to override this and ensure that VIPs all enter through one special VIP entrance.
Can I set up multiple gates?
It is possible to link multiple sections from your seat map to one gate, and vice versa. For example, someone with a sponsor ticket might want to enter through both the VIP entrance and a regular gate.
Connecting a user to a gate
- Go to Organizer Settings in the main menu.
- Go to Managers.
- Select the appropriate user (or create a new user if you have not already done so).
- When you scroll down on the user's page, you will be able to see your different gates, and you can select the relevant gates here.
Scanning tickets at the gate
The user should log into the TicketCo admin app and scan tickets as usual. More help with scanning tickets is found here.
If a ticket buyer turns up to the wrong gate, an error message will be displayed for the user. The user will then know to redirect the customer to the correct gate.