Renewing season tickets Follow
As an organiser in TicketCo, you might want to allow your customers the opportunity to renew their season passes and seats for the next season. At TicketCo, we can assist you with this by helping you to upload a series of reservations to our Admin sales feature. We can then distribute a reservation email to said customers which will allow your current season ticket holders to purchase their seats again for the new season.
This is a great way of maintaining the relationship with your season pass holders, and a nice way to kick off your sales for the new season!
Summary of the season ticket renewals process
|1. Check and register any seat map changes||Organiser|
|2. Make any necessary changes to seat map||TicketCo|
|3. Set up season pass event with season pass types||Organiser|
|4. Set up at least one event to be associated with the season pass||Organiser|
|5. Fill in XLS file with list of season pass reservations to be created||Organiser|
|6. Upload list of reservations to Admin sales||TicketCo|
|7. Send in desired text and formatting for renewals email (and SMS)||Organiser|
|8. Set up and distribute renewals email||TicketCo|
Preparing for the renewals process
Seat map changes
The very first thing you need to check when starting the renewals process is whether your seat map requires any changes or updates. It is very important that we get any changes to your seat map registered as soon as possible, as any last minute changes can cause delays in terms of the rest of the renewals process.
Please see our guide here about how to register seat map changes. You should send an email to email@example.com with an XLS or PDF file clearly outlining the relevant changes. We will then forward the request to our development team, who will usually process it within around 2 weeks. Please note if we receive many requests at the same time, the processing time could be longer, which is why we ask you get these changes registered in advance.
We will inform you when your updated map is ready, and you can then add it to your event, which you will subsequently associate with your season pass.
Setting up your season ticket event
You should set up your new season pass and add all the relevant season pass types and prices. If you are changing any prices from the previous season, ensure that you have updated the correct prices, and consider how you will inform your customers of this change. For more help on how to set up a season pass, please check our our other season pass articles.
In order to publish your season ticket event, you will need to have at least one event associated to it, so you must also ensure that this is ready. When it comes to sports matches in a season, we strongly suggest setting up a kind of template event which remains hidden, but which you then clone via our Copy feature in order to create all the games in the season.
The event you associate to your season pass must have your map added to it, as doing this will associate the map to the season pass also. If you have sent in any map updates, you can prepare your template match and season pass types whilst waiting for the updates to be completed.
Preparing the list of reservations
The first main part of the renewals process is to create reservations in Admin sales for all of your season ticket holders who might want to renew their pass. To do this, we require a list which we can import into the system. The result of this is that every season ticket in the list is reserved on your new season ticket event.
Attached at the bottom of this article is our season pass renewals template which you can download and start filling out.
NEW! We have prepared a video guide which explains how to fill out the renewals template file:
The first two rows include a couple of examples so that you can get an idea of how to fill out the table. Each row in the table represents one season ticket. Here is a summary of the different columns which must be filled out (those in red are obligatory):
- GROUP BY - This column is used to group season tickets into different orders, so that one person can receive one email containing various season pass reservations which they can then renew. Often you can set this as the email address of the customer so that each customer only receives one email.
- FIRST NAME - First name of the ticket buyer/holder.
- LAST NAME - Last name of the ticket buyer/holder.
- COMPANY NAME - The company name of the ticket buyer/holder. This might not be necessary unless you are reserving passes for partners or sponsors.
- E-MAIL - Email address of the ticket buyer/holder.
- PHONE - Phone number the ticket buyer/holder. This must include country code but without the "+" e.g. UK phone numbers would start 44... and Norwegian numbers would start 47...
- TCSECTION - The name of the section of the map where the customer's seat is located e.g. "Block A" or "Home Supporters". The name must match exactly with the name of map section in the TicketCo platform.
- TCROW - The row number of the seat.
- TCSEAT - The seat number of the ticket.
- TCTYPE - The name of the season pass type that should be reserved. The name must match exactly with the name of season pass type created in the TicketCo platform.
- SEND - In this column you may place a ‘1’ if the holder of the season ticket should receive a renewal message or ‘0’ if you do not want the holder to receive a message but want us to reserve the tickets. Typically ‘0’ is used for VIP and sponsor tickets where the sales are handled by your B2B team.
If you are already a TicketCo customer, you can download the XLS file from last season's season ticket event and remove / modify the columns in the file.
Once you have completed the list, save it as an XLS or CSV file and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org including the email subject "Season Pass Renewals (Year) - (Organiser name)".
Important things to consider when preparing the file
- Each row in the file represents one season ticket. If you have a customer who wants to renew 3 season passes, these should be 3 separate rows on the file.
- The TCSECTION and TCTYPE column must include the exact same text as what is found in the TicketCo platform. Please ensure to double check whether the text has been inputted with any extra spaces, punctuation, and capitals. If the labels do not match, the reservations will not be able to be imported, and fixing these errors can lead to delays.
- Phone numbers must be formatted with the country code in front and without any 0.
- All seats on the file must exist on the seating map used, and seats should not be issued twice or duplicated.
Any issues or errors in the file can cause problems when uploading the reservations, which can then cause delays for you and your customers. Please be aware that it takes on average 2-3 days to upload the reservations as a result of these errors. We therefore kindly ask that you ensure to check the file thoroughly before sending it to us, so that the process can continue as smoothly as possible.
Importing the reservations
TicketCo will import your list to the season ticket event you have created. When this is done each season ticket will be represented as a reservation under Admin sales on your new season ticket event.
Please head to this page for information about sending out the renewals email.
If you have any other questions, or want to start planning for this process, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com.