Implementing a scanning message or warning for your volunteers
If you have certain ticket types which require specific actions when being scanned in, you may want to introduce a message or warning which displays for your volunteers when they check in the ticket. Typical use cases include:
- VIP guests who should be redirected to the VIP section
- Kids or age restricted tickets where ID needs to be checked
- Membership tickets where membership ID should be checked
- Festival passes where ticket buyers should be given wristbands
- Hospitality guests who should receive a small gift upon arrival
You can now input a warning or message directly onto the ticket types in question, and this will then display during scanning.
Add the text on your ticket types
Once the functionality is activated, you will notice a new field on your ticket types under Access Control:
Simply input your desired message or warning in the Post Scan Action Text box. This text will be displayed as a pop up when any items of this type are scanned in our admin app:
This applies to scanning in both "Approve scan results" and "Continuous scanning" mode as well as group tickets. Please be aware that regular scanning and validation rules still apply, and the user must tap OK on the pop up to continue scanning.
We recommend training your volunteers in advance surrounding the routines they should exercise when the message displays.